Candyland - MC Ages' First Theme Park is now OPEN!

Do you feel that Candyland needs it's own /warp?

• Total voters

Kryyss

Oct 27, 2018
UK

The main entrance to Candyland includes a map of the entire area and a shop-chest for you to purchase a map with markers for all facilities available to the public.

This in the main shopping area for the theme park, the cake in the middle is the Swap Shop where visitors can trade emeralds in for items such as diamonds, enchanting books and other valuables. The free melon dispenser is also found here inside an overturned can of fizzy. Other shops will be added over time.

On the opposite side of the theme park is considered a services district, at present it offers a fully automated concrete mixer. Visitors can request to be added to a trust list to make use of this service. There is also a secondary entrance to the main park from this building. More services will be added in future.

The central area of the park is the Rockcandy Cavern. Here you will find the theme park's XP/Gold farm and a beacon with regen to allow for safe fishing from the underground lake in case you happen to hook some poison splash potions. This area also provides access to the Candyland Mini-game Arcade.

The Candyland Arcade contains mini-games where visitors can test their skills and reflexes. All of the games require 3 gold ingots to play and have instructions nearby explaining how to win. At present the arcade has 3 mini-games;

"Dead-Eye" - test your archery skills against the fearsome Cake-Face.
"Gum Drop" - survive long enough against moving walls in order to turn on all the floor lamps.
"Smoothie Criminal" - challenge your reflexes by hooking prizes from the water pipes as fast you can.

All mini-games reward the player for their success with emerald(s).

At present, you can find Candyland by coordinates 2500 -150. You can also request a /tpa to me if I happen to be online. Which brings me to the poll associated with this post. Would any of you feel that a /warp to Candyland would be a good addition to the server?

Tivum

-= Phantom =-
Oct 24, 2018
Ohio, USA

The main entrance to Candyland includes a map of the entire area and a shop-chest for you to purchase a map with markers for all facilities available to the public.

This in the main shopping area for the theme park, the cake in the middle is the Swap Shop where visitors can trade emeralds in for items such as diamonds, enchanting books and other valuables. The free melon dispenser is also found here inside an overturned can of fizzy. Other shops will be added over time.

On the opposite side of the theme park is considered a services district, at present it offers a fully automated concrete mixer. Visitors can request to be added to a trust list to make use of this service. There is also a secondary entrance to the main park from this building. More services will be added in future.

The central area of the park is the Rockcandy Cavern. Here you will find the theme park's XP/Gold farm and a beacon with regen to allow for safe fishing from the underground lake in case you happen to hook some poison splash potions. This area also provides access to the Candyland Mini-game Arcade.

The Candyland Arcade contains mini-games where visitors can test their skills and reflexes. All of the games require 3 gold ingots to play and have instructions nearby explaining how to win. At present the arcade has 3 mini-games;

"Dead-Eye" - test your archery skills against the fearsome Cake-Face.
"Gum Drop" - survive long enough against moving walls in order to turn on all the floor lamps.
"Smoothie Criminal" - challenge your reflexes by hooking prizes from the water pipes as fast you can.

All mini-games reward the player for their success with emerald(s).

At present, you can find Candyland by coordinates 2500 -150. You can also request a /tpa to me if I happen to be online. Which brings me to the poll associated with this post. Would any of you feel that a /warp to Candyland would be a good addition to the server?
Are there any coasters? Always been a fan of MC coasters.

Kryyss

Oct 27, 2018
UK
I have considered adding one, but the issue with claimed land is that unless you're on the trust list in some form you cannot interact with minecarts or boats. It can be done though since I could just add a hopper that folks could drop an item into into which is renamed to their user name so I check it weekly and add new ppl to the trust list.

As it stands though, there isn't enough support from players for the admins to want to give Candyland it's own warp and without the warp there isn't much point adding further mini-games or attractions since nobody can easily get to the park to make any use of it

Tivum

-= Phantom =-
Oct 24, 2018
Ohio, USA
I have considered adding one, but the issue with claimed land is that unless you're on the trust list in some form you cannot interact with minecarts or boats. It can be done though since I could just add a hopper that folks could drop an item into into which is renamed to their user name so I check it weekly and add new ppl to the trust list.

As it stands though, there isn't enough support from players for the admins to want to give Candyland it's own warp and without the warp there isn't much point adding further mini-games or attractions since nobody can easily get to the park to make any use of it
I'm sorry :(

Miluiel

Helper
*+* Immortal *+*
Aug 26, 2018
With the relaunched server, Candyland will be making a comeback since the abity to use Schematica will make construction much faster.
That's awesome can't wait to see it!

Kryyss

Oct 27, 2018
UK
Turns out schematica doesn't work for 1.14 and the other schematic mod lacks a printing facility which means it would be just as slow as normal and I don't intend to spend 6 months on another project. Sorry folks.

EdnaRunescape

Best Mod
*+* Immortal *+*
-= Phantom =-
Dec 21, 2018
UK
Turns out schematica doesn't work for 1.14 and the other schematic mod lacks a printing facility which means it would be just as slow as normal and I don't intend to spend 6 months on another project. Sorry folks.
Aw no! I'd be more than happy to help you with the construction of it (once I've built my dirt hut obviously)

Reactions: Nicefisher