What's new

Changes are coming

haz

Huncho
Owner
Hey,

I'm now around again and working on some big changes for the server.

There will be no hype or marketing. The aim is purely to bring back the vibe that brought you all to MC-Ages in the first place.

Hold tight, I'll let you know when we are ready! Join our Discord to be the first to know.

Cheers

Concoct

Blaze
Hardcore
Event Champion
Will the current server map continue to be in place?

haz

Huncho
Owner
Will the current server map continue to be in place?
This is a few months out as I want to get it perfect, so I'm not sure right now. But either way it is worth it to continue playing on the server for now :)

Blaze7a

Is it though? I have a pretty epic build going on right now and if the server does reset or starts afresh (e.g. for 1.15) I would hate for all that work to be for nothing... I am hoping that, when 1.15 comes out, the world will be upgraded rather than replaced.
I'm definitely planning on purchasing a rank at some point, but want to be more certain of the server's future before doing so.

Concoct

Blaze
Hardcore
Event Champion
Is it though? I have a pretty epic build going on right now and if the server does reset or starts afresh (e.g. for 1.15) I would hate for all that work to be for nothing... I am hoping that, when 1.15 comes out, the world will be upgraded rather than replaced.
I'm definitely planning on purchasing a rank at some point, but want to be more certain of the server's future before doing so.
I agree with Blaze completely, I'm not sure how much time to put into the server as I am hesitant about the map resetting. As of now I haven't been playing as much because of this. Mostly worried about the economy and if I grind out money will it be transferred/will my $2,000 be worth significantly less after the next update.

pokeepoof

-= Phantom =-
Honest question the server isn't even 1.14.4 its still 1.14.3 with support for 1.14.4 clients unless it was updated without telling us. Is it going to be 1.14.4 soon? Or is it already and no news post was made?

I agree with Blaze completely, I'm not sure how much time to put into the server as I am hesitant about the map resetting. As of now I haven't been playing as much because of this. Mostly worried about the economy and if I grind out money will it be transferred/will my $2,000 be worth significantly less after the next update.
This is also the reason why I've left the server for now. The abrupt closure of Industrial combined with the 'Alpha' status of the Alien server and Haz's extended absence has set off alarm bells about how worthwhile it is to attempt any builds on MCAges. Although I knew that Industrial was going to be joined by another server I never imagined it would be just wiped and gone for good. Had I known that I would have never bothered to spend 6 months making a large themepark like Candyland only to have it deleted.

I've had requests to help builds on Alien and folks wanting me to join them to start towns after seeing what I can do for them. But with the sword of damocles hanging over the server due to it's alpha status, a vague idea for the server's future which is months away from even starting to take shape and 1.15 looming on the horizon between now and then, it is fair to say that there isn't much incentive to play at the moment.

El_Glove

G.O.A.T
Mod
-= Phantom =-
It was never wiped deliberately, when 1.14 was released we upgraded the hardware running the server to help support it as 1.14 is notoriously bad for multiplayer servers. Unfortunately it resulted in irreparable corrupt files... I also had a huge build on Industrial that I was sad to see gone. A lot of things were beyond our control.
Things are starting to look up for our immediate future, starting with our upgrade to 1.14.4 today we will be fixing and implementing more and more in the coming weeks and months! It may take a bit of time but I hope you haven't completely forsaken us just yet!
Keep an eye on the #News section of the Discord and hopefully before long you'll see some big changes and hopefully give us another shot at providing you with an amazing server and outstanding community! :)

Elmu

This is also the reason why I've left the server for now. The abrupt closure of Industrial combined with the 'Alpha' status of the Alien server and Haz's extended absence has set off alarm bells about how worthwhile it is to attempt any builds on MCAges. Although I knew that Industrial was going to be joined by another server I never imagined it would be just wiped and gone for good. Had I known that I would have never bothered to spend 6 months making a large themepark like Candyland only to have it deleted.

I've had requests to help builds on Alien and folks wanting me to join them to start towns after seeing what I can do for them. But with the sword of damocles hanging over the server due to it's alpha status, a vague idea for the server's future which is months away from even starting to take shape and 1.15 looming on the horizon between now and then, it is fair to say that there isn't much incentive to play at the moment.
Top 10 saddest moments in history, at least we still have screenshots.