What's new

Claiming in Nether/End

Thiborr

Blaze
I feel that claiming should be enabled in the end/nether since griefing is allowed in unclaimed areas. I am unsure of if this can just be turned on or off but I feel that with the server being PVE and griefing is allowed in the unclaimed areas that leaves anyone who wants to do anything in the nether or end at a huge disadvantage. If it not possible to have claims there is there a possibility of enabling PVP in those areas to allow some form of retaliation against anyone trying to grief those areas at least? I feel that there is very little that can be done in those zones on a PVE server where griefing is allowed in an area where claiming is not allowed to protect that land. So I believe three of the best options would be to enable claiming, enable PVP in those zones, or make a rule against griefing in anywhere outside of overworld(though this would be the hardest to enforce/monitor of the three options). Thank you for any consideration you give towards these changes.

Given that blaze rods and witherskulls are late-game items, you'd think that folks would want to build farms for them and given the effort required to do that they deserve to have that work protected.

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
seems to be that someone went around trashing blaze spawners to make theirs worth more, but since you can't claim them....

the rules seem to work ok, if you want pvp use an arena, not everyone has the time to max their pvp skills

the end and nether have not been claimable, why not set some traps for lucky people ?

InfinityGB

What could happen is if my idea to bring back the 1.13 system of claiming were to return we could use the 1.14 system but make it a lil more pricey but then again the end and nether get reset so the whole thing would be pointless

Of course, the alternative is to have admins/builders start to drop points of interst (POIs) into the overworld. All they'd need is to store some pre-made schemates on MC-Edit, then find random spots around the overworld to place them. All you would need is something like a fancy nethergate to make it look like the nether is breaking through to the overworld and have some blaze spawners mixed in. People who find it could then claim it.

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
I tried to claim a cattle rich area a long way from my home, I have unlimited homes, but am unable to claim the area as it is not adjacent to my first build which is hard to do when not a lot of food or resources and at the time /rtp or /wild was not working.

My understanding is that the golden shovel plugin which is probably this one https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/griefprevention.1884/ does not work for 1.14, so no way to claim blaze spawners that "break thru"

Its_Ruz

Cobweb Bandit
Helper
-= Phantom =-
I tried to claim a cattle rich area a long way from my home, I have unlimited homes, but am unable to claim the area as it is not adjacent to my first build which is hard to do when not a lot of food or resources and at the time /rtp or /wild was not working.

My understanding is that the golden shovel plugin which is probably this one https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/griefprevention.1884/ does not work for 1.14, so no way to claim blaze spawners that "break thru"
Create a new land by doing /land create <name> and switch between lands before doing anything such as claiming, renaming and setting land spawns by doing /land edit <name> (cap sensitive). Hopefully this helps you out, contact me if you need more info!