What's new

I think /shop needs updating

Should /shop be remade with more items/better looks?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey everyone,

So I've been a member of the server for over a week now; and I'm enjoying the server a lot and seeing a decent amount of activity.

Money is an important part of the HC survival experience imo, and I'm aware that alot of in-game trades/selling is done from player to player.

However, I can't help feel like the /shop was done rather quickly without much thought, and I believe it could be substantially improved.

First of all, the looks. - It goes with the whole spawn theme yet the shop just feels like it could do with a re-vamp. It's a place visited by players often; so I believe a more attractive store would give a better experience. You could make a new one away from spawn for some more space; you could even host a building contest for players to build the next!

Secondly, there's really not much choice for selling/buying. I get the most common/necessary items are there but you could add a lot more such as elytra; an item basically unobtainable for a player like me after the end has just been ransacked for supplies since the reset.

I'll try to think of some more ideas for items that could be traded there if this gets any interest from players/staff, but for now I'll look at how people are responding and their suggestions :)

Thanks for reading, comment below if you have an input or something to say.

Harry

Community Pacifist
Owner
You are absolutely right, the shop needs updating! We have completely rethought the economy for Skyblock and incorporated lots of maths to try and make it balanced. If it is successful I plan to implement it on Survival.

Interesting thoughts about the look of the store as well, I think I agree with you.

You are absolutely right, the shop needs updating! We have completely rethought the economy for Skyblock and incorporated lots of maths to try and make it balanced. If it is successful I plan to implement it on Survival.

Interesting thoughts about the look of the store as well, I think I agree with you.
Looking forward to seeing the skyblock and new economy being implemented. :)

As for the look of the store, I think a player build-off contest for the new design is a good idea, and a great chance for players to show off their skills. Maybe you could add some nice rewards for the winners!

cntrljose

Blaze
Hardcore
if you're looking for unique items to buy you can always visit the player shops in /warp market :) many players selling elytras and other items you cant get at /shop but i do agree with you on it being redone and remade :D

Godzilla_Avenger

Dragon
along with shop revamp just wanted to toss the idea out there that at times i have seen a market swamped with lots of items and prices varied and now market is spread out and i am warping to 4 or 5 markets and most shops closed. maybe time for another revamp and to make things have a limit of items you can sale so this way maybe each person can have thier own niche items and shop buys more basic items for a better price.

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
am used to doing /shop and then selling to the server
Survival has /shop with a small amount of stuff to sell and nothing to buy

if there is going to be a market, maybe just do 1 area ?

Gimelin

Admin
-= Phantom =-
Hardcore
Elite
am used to doing /shop and then selling to the server
Survival has /shop with a small amount of stuff to sell and nothing to buy

if there is going to be a market, maybe just do 1 area ?
this thread was about skyblock :p

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
Looks to me about a shop

Should /shop be remade with more items/better looks?
  • Yes
    Votes: 6100.0%
  • No
The only reference to skyblock was from panda who probably wants to buy stuff for the islands

Gimelin

Admin
-= Phantom =-
Hardcore
Elite
Lol you’re right - either way it’s about a market that doesn’t exist anymore