What's new

Industrial II "Coming Soon"

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
So will the current map be wiped so soon after being created or will it suffer a mysterious failure and get deleted like the last one ?

haz

Huncho
Owner
So will the current map be wiped so soon after being created or will it suffer a mysterious failure and get deleted like the last one ?
We will be providing a world download for Alien.

next time please back up the world daily
The world was backed up. The issue that happened was the Industrial world was stored on our backup server and was removed from the main server (as we had the backup stored). The backup server with the Industrial world I planned on distributing then corrupted. However, it all looked fine to me as all the files were there. To prevent this from happening in the future, we will take the world download from the main server and it will not be removed until it is confirmed to be working and downloadable by players.

Will the reset be on a weekend so everyone can play without anything getting in the way
Yes

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
currently playing more on another server that has not had a map wipe for a while

why not just add the industrial plugins to the current map unless you want to have map wipes every 6 months or so

this server seems dead with less than 10 players usually, the alternatives seem to have 20 per survival, factions and skyblock

if there was a way to have 1 end, 1 nether and jumps between the industrial and alien age then would not be too bad

would the new map be golden shovel plugin or the lapis chunks one ?

haz

Huncho
Owner
this server seems dead with less than 10 players usually, the alternatives seem to have 20 per survival, factions and skyblock
That is the reason we are starting fresh. Our first survival map had a timespan for a year and that is the rate we usually for. As this is just a side hobby for me, I don't always have the time to create things that will perform well (see Alien).

I am aiming for this map to last a long time, hopefully over a year. It is running on a brand new setup I have created from scratch and put a lot of time into.

It will be golden shovel, as players seemed to like everything about Industrial that is what we are going for.

I do hope that the new Industrial is successful, as I'd like to add the Hub back and add other Ages too (such as a hard world).

That is the reason we are starting fresh. Our first survival map had a timespan for a year and that is the rate we usually for. As this is just a side hobby for me, I don't always have the time to create things that will perform well (see Alien).

yeah, I've been wanting to play but as nobody is online anymore I'm usually just lurking around the forums

That is the reason we are starting fresh. Our first survival map had a timespan for a year and that is the rate we usually for. As this is just a side hobby for me, I don't always have the time to create things that will perform well.
If the issue is time constraints which prevent you from adding frequent content and features to the server, I'd be happy to fill the server with custom built dungeons and such to provide players with content to enjoy if you want to trust me with builder permissions.