What's new

Minecraft 1.14 Support

Tivum

-= Phantom =-
There should be a notice upon entering explaining that it's just supporting. I've seen users join thinking it was 1.14, play for an hour and find out it's not then get mad and leave. Kinda deceiving to them, unfortunately they cant read but oh well :)

Wattlegum

-= Phantom =-
I agree Tivum. Maybe 2 notices 1: Stating that 1.14 is coming 'The Alien Age' and 2: probably more important, that this server is still 1.13.2

I've already explained to numerous players, after they were questioning why certain thing don't work, that this is not a 1.14 server and then they left. The word 'supporting' is a bit misleading. I tried using 1.14 and works very poorly (in my opinion) with the current (industrial) server.

Unfortunately many players do not understand the amount of work that needs to be done before a workable/stable server is ready to be released. I still sadly remember the first few weeks when the 1.13 server was released in haste.

Tivum

-= Phantom =-
I agree Tivum. Maybe 2 notices 1: Stating that 1.14 is coming 'The Alien Age' and 2: probably more important, that this server is still 1.13.2

I've already explained to numerous players, after they were questioning why certain thing don't work, that this is not a 1.14 server and then they left. The word 'supporting' is a bit misleading. I tried using 1.14 and works very poorly (in my opinion) with the current (industrial) server.

Unfortunately many players do not understand the amount of work that needs to be done before a workable/stable server is ready to be released. I still sadly remember the first few weeks when the 1.13 server was released in haste.
1.13 is still buggy as hell anyways, they SHOULD NOT have updated without the current version being fixed in my opinion.

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
unfortunately it it is far too laggy to play, so playing on other servers for a while

mined a row of stone, then it got replaced and mined agaain and sat back as it was replaced, removed, partuially put back and then partly removed and then gave up

Wattlegum

-= Phantom =-
Agree Scraggles. .. Also ..
1. Spent nearly 3 hours mining for lapis, most of it while mining turned into stone upon exposure since it was buried. (same with other ores!)
2. Tried to claim land, only to be informed that I could not claim because it was not adjacent to my existing claim but happily took the money (this was the last straw for me at which time I said 'Enough' in chat and have not returned.)
3. Can't trade with most villagers.
4. Since I can't claim any more land it leaves what I have built open for griefing.
Therefore I too will play elsewhere for now.

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
The land claim is confusing, have to press F3 and G to reveal the chunk borders, was not aware of this before and trying to visualise the border edges has me using fences underground.
Was not aware that you have to claim adjacent land, in the industrial I had several areas not remotely close like a cattle farm in 2-3 locations purely because living on an island with not a huge amount of cattle, but a lot of fish and squid.

Tried some villagers and need emeralds to trade, they are in short supply, so no trade.

if you want to pm me the location of claim, can rescue the chests and put them in the basement out of the way with your name on them

End seems to have been fully raided by people using fly, same for the blaze spawners in the nether as they seem to have been destroyed, possibly by someone with a hidden spawner, but nothing to stop someone destroying that.

Got 2 messages on joining, so figured it was the rank and unlimited homes, but found that I am limited to 25 homes like other phantoms

Have already raided one house's chests that had some lapis, the house was spread over 4 chunks and not claimed.

Lag is slightly better, but the anti x-ray plugin which is probably this one

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/orereplacer-100-no-more-x-ray-miners-seriously.22158/

Seems to have a false positive protection, player should get a notice, but have had lapis vanish to be replaced by stone and receive nothing but cobble

Illumisys

Wither
I'm with Scaggles on the LAND plugin. It is very cluggy at best, there is no help page explaining how to and very easy to make mistakes with lands and claims and trusts. Gold shovel was much better and there are ALOT of helpful links and how to use and use wisely. Plus everybody knew the commands for the gold shovel, now have to learn new set which isn't well supported for player side.

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
server is currently offline and dead to me, cant see anything on discord, so playing on another server at present