What's new

Mob cap problem - Possible solution

Lianail

Hardcore
We have definite problems with the mob cap in main world. Most of the times, you can't get mobs to spawn in a pure dark 100x100 area. One of the biggest problems is people with unlit areas below their bases. They'll fill with mobs that the player will never willingly do anything about. And there's no reason they should need to for their own purposes. The problem with that is for those of us that WANT mobs. There is a solution to that.

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/clearlagg
It doesn't have to be used only for Lag purposes.
It can be configured to trigger on a schedule, say every 10 or 30 minutes. The things that get removed can also be configured. ie you can configure it to just remove hostile mobs.

Harry

Community Pacifist
Owner
Thanks for the suggestion. The problem with Clear Lagg is that doesn't integrate with plugins such as MyPet or mob farms. We have other solutions to these lag issues that will be live with the launch of the Egyptian age :cool:

Lianail

Hardcore
My concern was that I can't get mobs to spawn in main world. I haven't seen lag as much of an issue. Mob accumulation just also happens to cause lag.

Scraggles

Guardian
clear lag sucks, if you die and drop stuff, clear lag removes the dropped stuff

plenty of mobs in the wild and near my houses

Lianail

Hardcore
Clearlagg can be setup to not remove death drops or any dropped items.

Scraggles

Guardian
guess the other server I occasionally play on is run by dimwits, most of the new posts are ban appeals and they have less than half the player count we do here :)