What's new

Resets and rules

pokeepoof

-= Phantom =-
I'd like to suggest whenever a world area is reset mining, end, nether. That the rules change in those areas to allow block taking for 3 hours or more or less before the reset happens the same no griefing rules apply such as taking a block someone is stood on dropping them into the void using a lava bucket to cook someone etc the only change being that you can take blocks another player has placed.

Reason people have made farms using alot of hoppers anvils bookshelfs dispensors pistons if they leave these blocks left behind 3 hours before the end, nether or miningworld is reset they probably aren't coming to get them and are just going to be erased when that area of the world resets depending on the size of the farm that is alot of resources to just let be thrown away but without being able to take blocks you could be 1 minute from reset and looking at 30 pistons 16 hoppers and cant do anything but watch them poof

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
the end farm has been repeatedly griefed by a small set of players, admin have taken no action as they are all mining worlds and anything in the worlds can be mined including farms, buildings and houses

pokeepoof

-= Phantom =-
That is not entirely correct we are not allowed to discuss punishments.

But..

If i said someone did grief the end public xp farm literally lastnight and that person *mysteriously* vanished and the farm was magically brand new again i'd have to say the only possible cause of this is santa and an elf passed by.

To mine or break anything in the other worlds another player built requires the full consent of staff and the staff will enforce this which is why i would like that 3 hour time in which we can take anything without concern of vanishing before the worlds are reset and valuable items are lost

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
posted such a question a long time ago and was told at the time by some admin team that all but main world were mining worlds, so if I made a house, someone could raid any chests and mine the building for the blocks used

in main world, only chests can be emptied and did find a rather nice house with no claim and a rather blunt set of signs expressing the occupant's displeasure about someone that rhymes with tuck

Lianail

Hardcore
We've been told repeatedly that griefing is not allowed anywhere, even in mining worlds. Just because you can't claim, doesn't mean they are allowed to grief. Staff please confirm in this?

iAmor

-= Phantom =-
Hardcore
Elite
Griefing is technically "allowed" in the mining world, but you should not have anything there to grief anyway as it is just the resource collecting world. Raiding chests is allowed everywhere.

Via the rules:
Raiding chests is allowed in unclaimed land. You can take crops as long as you replant them or leave the bottom layer of sugar cane to regrow. However, griefing of any kind is not allowed on either claimed or unclaimed land (this means in the nether and end as well). In the mining world, claiming is not allowed: Therefore, if you leave it there, be prepared to lose it. Resource gathering is not allowed on the main world, please do this in /warp mining. Killing mobs is ok, both aggressive and passive, as they will re-spawn. Tree, crop and animal farms are fine on the main world.

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
seems fair enough, got a mining base in mw, it has a chest or two of low end kit and stuff like water and food, the newbs can use it, if the chest contents all vanish, they might be replaced, but would see how it goes.

been using a couple of sugar cane farms, one had several lines stripped of crops over xmas, the owner of the claimed part has not been on for 70 days or so and the helper had no idea who had trashed it, but was unable to roll back to the planted state, so it will probably get worse, their idea for me to replant all the stripped areas was declined :)

when I click on the link in the email, I get:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

any way to fix this, so it links direct to the thread ?

iAmor

-= Phantom =-
Hardcore
Elite
Do you have the coords for that farm? I can fix it up next time I am online.
What email? What thread is it meant to be linking to?

Scraggles

-= Phantom =-
will make a modreq when by the farm next time, one of the helpers tried to help but did not have the skills to do a rollback

Resets and rules - New reply to watched thread

Inbox

HCSurvival
15:53 (19 minutes ago)

to me

iAmor replied to a thread you are watching at MC-Ages.
Resets and rules
Do you have the coords for that farm? I can fix it up next time I am online.
What email? What thread is it meant to be linking to?
View this threadPlease do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Resets and rules at MC-Ages with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.​

This is what I get, on other websites, say facebook, I click on the email link and it takes me to the thread in question

iAmor

-= Phantom =-
Hardcore
Elite
Weird, I am not sure why the link is broken..