What's new

Welcome!

Register to discuss and interact with fellow players

OK, Sign up

Roads!

Lianail

Hardcore
Tetrix and I have both started building roads! We'll post road sections here so you can tie into them whenever you want. Please post here if you add to the network. Please list all coordinates in X, Z format. :)

Lianail

Hardcore
to: 9000, -5000 Southern border of SanguisStella

Last edited:

Halmatrix

How about creating natural looking roads (good tunnels, nice bridges etc) that run north-south and east-west at every uneven thousand coordinate? so at 3000, 5000 etc.

If all road builders would stick to this grid, we'd get a nice road network.

As soon as my current project is finished, I'll be building a paved road (3 wide, middle is the thousand coordinate) which is bound to cross that of Tetrix. It will have signposts, shelters etc. Though with the /tp on this server the shelters won't be really necessary, as opposed to what I'm used to. In my vanilla game where I was building roads I had to rely on EnderChests and pack horses to get the valuables I found home ;)

tetrix

-= Phantom =-
To: 7500, 0

I'm currently expanding my road from (X: 400, Z: 0) to the positive X-direction. Currently I'm at X: 7,500 and I plan to expand until I hit the border. Rest stops are placed at every 500 blocks. The tunnels are 2 block wide and 3 blocks high with torches at every 5 blocks, wide enough for to ride a horse to pass through. Most of the bridges are simply built out of wooden slabs that are 2 blocks wide with torches placed at every 10 blocks. Some parts of the road are not completely straight due to the landscape and the land being claimed by someone else.

Last edited:

Lianail

Hardcore
How about creating natural looking roads (good tunnels, nice bridges etc) that run north-south and east-west at every uneven thousand coordinate? so at 3000, 5000 etc.

If all road builders would stick to this grid, we'd get a nice road network.
;)
Halmatrix,
That's the plan! But we'll be building a few more closer to spawn, so there it might be on every 1000. Tetrix is making his first one along z=0 it looks like. Also, I'm starting off with simpler roads over long spans just to get the network built. I can improve them later.

Lianail

Hardcore
Rest stops are placed at every 500 blocks.
Tetrix, can you put the rest stops off to a corner of those mile markers so a road can cross on the even 1000's instead of going around the building? Please take a look at 3000, 0. I had to go around the building.

Lianail

Hardcore
Note : Please don't use stairs on roads. I've done it and discovered that it is really bad for horse traffic. Now I'm going back and stripping them all out.
Tetrix has got the correct solution. A 1:2 Rise with a slab every other block. So it goes up .5 every block. THat's good for foot traffic and horses.

Halmatrix

Halmatrix,
That's the plan! But we'll be building a few more closer to spawn, so there it might be on every 1000. Tetrix is making his first one along z=0 it looks like. Also, I'm starting off with simpler roads over long spans just to get the network built. I can improve them later.
Looking forward to a journey of discovery and road building. May our paths cross in the future - literally ;)

tetrix

-= Phantom =-
Tetrix, can you put the rest stops off to a corner of those mile markers so a road can cross on the even 1000's instead of going around the building? Please take a look at 3000, 0. I had to go around the building.
Okay, I will fix that when I have the time. I will leave space for coordinates that end with 0 and 1 every 500 blocks (e.g. for 3000, I will leave space for 3000 and 3001). Sadly my current path that supposedly at z=0 coordinate is 3 and 4 instead. Too late to change that.