What's new

Mob Cap

Thiborr

Helper
Blaze
With the recent update to 1.14.4 I was curious about the possibility of increasing the mobcap to the default value or turning mob ai back on for spawners, as the update should have drastically increased performance. If this is not doable right now I understand, though if it would not kill server performance I believe adjusting the spawns will give older players more stuff to work on as well as giving new players easier access to mob drops.

The alternative solution is to tweak the loot tables (https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Loot_table) to increase the mob drops per mob. This can all be done server side. If the mob cap is halved then the drops should be doubled to compensate. Likewise, the bonus_rolls number should be doubled since the total population of mobs is halved and you'd normally have more 'rolls' as a result.

Cobrex

Admin
-= Phantom =-
Dragon
Hardcore
Elite
I will be looking at all of the options and testing various things as stated by Harry. I am not rushing with the mobs as several check I conducted yesterday showed where issues may lie and need to consider all options