Menu

play.mc-ages.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

MC-Ages - The Next Steps

MC-Ages – Next Steps

Hi all,

This is a fairly large announcement, so hopefully you will all take time to read it.

As you all know I have been running and now own MC-Ages and as stated before, I am humbled and honoured that Harry has allowed me to continue his amazing work with MC-Ages. What you all will not know is that I already own a Minecraft network and have been running this for several years.

The network I currently own is called TownyQuest, (ip - play.townyquest.com) and it is Towny Questing server. The claiming system is via towny, not grief prevention (golden shovel) and works on a chunk claim basis, not blocks.

I have been considering this for a while and have been discussing it with all the staff and I am totally certain that the two networks will make a perfect fit, and therefore it is my intention to merge the two together and have a single network. This new network will have 4 game modes to choose from:
  • Towny Age Server
  • Industrial Age Server
  • Dark Age Server
  • Creative Age Server
Essentially, nothing will change on any server, no world or game resets, just more options to choose from and play when you log into the network.

All donator ranks will be global, therefore your rank will be applied across all servers, however the perks will be slightly different, so please read the perks for each server. The webstore will be updated shortly to reflect this. It will be the TownyQuest store name until I update it. All rank purchases will apply across all servers. Package purchases will apply to each server as stated on the store.

I am having a new hub spawn built by the servers’ build team at the moment and I hope you will all like it as much as I do – they have done a great job on it so far.

As we move towards Christmas, there will be another game mode added, and as we travel through 2021 there will be a further two game modes added.

Many of you will have noticed a few new staff members appear ‘out of nowhere’. This was not me just allowing my ‘friends’ to have staff on the server – they are actually the staff from the TownyQuest server joining and getting to know the server and you all a little bit better. The same has happened on TownyQuest, where the staff here have been over there getting to know the server and community.

MC-Ages name will be kept as the brand, so the ip play.mc-ages.com will not change, nor will the way that you connect to the server. The website and discord will remain as MC-Ages and I will be moving the Townyquest versions over to here. However, during this period it is very likely that I will need to take the MC-Ages website down to complete the updates and changes, but you will still be able to access the TownyQuest website to keep in touch with news and updates.

Many that I have discussed this plan with are excited at the prospect of more game modes and more players to interact with and are very much looking forward to the merging of the two networks.

I hope you, the community, will embrace the coming changes as I think it will take MC-Ages to the next level! I would also like to thank all the staff for all the support they have given me over the years on both servers and want to thank you, the community, for continuing to support the servers by either playing on them, donating, or both!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Feel free to comment below or DM any of the staff if you have any questions, concerns, or worries.

I am truly looking forward to the future with you all at MC-Ages.

Cobrex