Menu

play.mc-ages.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Bedrock Clients - How to connect to MC-Ages from console and windows

Cobrex

Owner
Staff member
Hi all,

Here is the MC-Ages guide to connecting from a Bedrock client on consoles or windows 10.

The two most important pieces of information needed are the following:

Server IP: 67.222.142.243

Port: 25566.

Detailed below are the step by step guides for each of the platforms that Bedrock is played on. Please review the open for your version.

We look forward to seeing you on our network.

Windows 10

Open up your bedrock for windows edition, click play, click on the servers tab and scroll down to the bottom of the list, click add servers. Complete the server name, server address and port with the info above. Click save and MC-Ages should now appear at the bottom.

Click the new server and on the right you should now be able to click 'join server'

Xbox

This requires the use of a DNS trick to fool the console into thinking that you are able to add 'featured servers. In order for this to work you will need to change some of the settings. I would always advise keep a note of the original settings before changing anything.

On the console, choose the system settings then internet settings, network and advanced settings and DNS. Change this to manual.
Then enter the the following into the Primary 104.238.130.180 and the following into the secondary 08.08.08.08 or 8.8.8.8.

Restart you console and then start Bedrock. Choose any server and it should then give you a 'server list' menu. Click on 'connect to a server' and enter our server info above and click 'add to server list' and you should then be able to join MC-Ages using Bedrock and your Xbox.

Another option

PS4

1. Go to your PS4 Home screen.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Go to Network.
  4. Select Set Up Internet connection.
  5. If you are using wired internet, select "Use LAN Cable", otherwise choose "Use Wi-Fi".
  6. Select the Custom network creation mode.
  7. Select Automatic IP Address.
  8. For DHCP Host Name, make sure you select Do Not Specify.
  9. Under DNS Settings, select Manual.
  10. Enter the IP 104.238.130.180 for the primary DNS and 08.08.08.08 or 8.8.8.8. for the secondary

Switch

Joining with the switch is a very similar process to the Xbox. Choose system settings, Internet, select change settings then DNS and change this to manual. Enter for the Primary DNS 104.238.130.180 and 08.08.08.08 or 8.8.8.8. for the secondary DNS.

Click save. Again you might need to re-boot the switch for the settings to take effect.

Choose any server and it should then give you a 'server list' menu. Click on 'connect to a server' and enter our server info above and click 'add to server list' and you should then be able to join MC-Ages using Bedrock and your Switch.

Another option is that you will go into System, Internet settings, then choose the Wifi you are connected to and edit the Primary and DNS and secondary as above.

If you have any issues please feel to ask in our discord by clicking the tab above and ask in the console channel.

Cobrex

Owner
Staff member
Is there a way to connect on playstation 5? i tried the Playstation 4 method but it does not work
Hi there, the method for PS4 and PS5 should be the same. I have updated our connection software just be sure, please try and connect again.

hello,
i have tried this again and it still does not work, the 'done' button is not highlighted as though something that needs to be entered were missing.

No it is still not working, just to clarify, on my PS5 homepage, I go to the settings page, from there I go to network, and from there I click “set up internet connection”, after that I click “set up manually”, then I click “use wifi” (because I have a wireless connection), then I enter in the following values
SSID: None
Security Method: None
IP Address Settings: Automatic
DHCP Host: Don’t Specify
DNS Settings: Manual, 104.238.130.180 for primary and 8.8.8.8 or 08.08.08.08 for secondary
Proxy Server: Don’t Use
MTU Settings: Automatic

sorry if this is annoying and/or confusing, I’m new to this lol